High yesterday was 73° The low this morning was 43°
- Today: Sunny with a high near 76° and south wind 5-10
- Tonight: Clear, a low of 52° light south wind.
- Sunday: Sunny, with a high near 79° and south wind 5-15 mph
- Next week: Partly sunny skies withhighs near 80°, lows in the low 60’s.
- Lampasas Police had 39 calls for service on Friday. There were 4 motorist assists, 5 escorts and 7 animal complaints. The Lampasas Police Dept. reports 2 minor accidents, on at 4:23pm at Hwy 281 & EE Ohnmeiss, and one in the 400 block of E. 5th. There were no injuries reported. Lampasas Police reported one arrest as a 42 yr old Lampasas man was arrested int eh 200 block of W. 3rd for possession of a controlled substance less than 1 gram.
- The Sheriff's Dept. Blotter for Friday shows an accident, and animal complaint and a reported runaway. Copperas Cove had a few welfare checks and a reported accident. Kempner had numerous traffic stops, a few calls for code enforcement, and animal complaint, a medical call and reported suspicious activity. Out in the county there were multiple calls for welfare checks, a few traffic stops, a trespassing incident, as transport an accident and a report of shots fired.
- The jail log shows one arrest as a 20yr old Killeen man was jailed on a probation violation and an out-of-county charge.
The Burn Ban in Lampasas County is lifted until Oct. 24