High yesterday was 91° The low this morning was 67 °
- Today: Chance of thunderstorms this morning, then gradual clearing this afternoon with a high near 74°. Winds will be out of the north 15-20 mph, gusting to 30 mph.
- Tonight: Clear skies with a low of 50°. North winds 10-15 gusting up to 20 mph.
- Friday: Sunny with a high of 74°, north-northeast wind 5-10 mph
- The weekend: Sunny with high’s in the high 70’s, lows in the high 40’s and low 50’s.
- Lampasas Police Dept. shows a few escorts and a dozen animal complaints on Wednesday. The Lampasas Police Dept. reported one minor accident in the 1300 block of S. Key at 7:12pm. Five arrests were reported. Michael Van Horn, 27, ofKilleen was taken into custody in the 500 block of S. Western St. for Assault causes bodily injury/family violence and a parole warrant, a 58 yr old man from Lampasas was jailed for 3 Lampasas Municipal Court warrants. A 35 yr old Lampasas man was jailed for disorderly conduct/fighting, a 32 yr old man was arrested on a Jones County warrant for aprobation violation, and a 46 yr old Lampasas woman was taken into custody in the 1400 block of S. Key for driving with an invalid license and possession of a controlled substance PG1 under 1 gram.
- Lampasas Sheriff’s Dept. for Wednesday shows a few reports of criminal mischief and an animal complaint in Copperas Cove. Kempner on Wednesday had calls for a traffic hazard, a stolen vehicle, a report of criminal mischief and a welfare check. Out in the county, there was a request for extra patrols, a civil matter, requests for traffic control, a few medical calls and an accident.
The Burn Ban in Lampasas County is lifted until October 17that 7pm.