High yesterday was 81° The low this morning was 51°
- Today: Sunny with a high near 85° and S-SE wind 5-10 mph.
- Tonight: Mostly clear, down to 64° with south wind 5 mph.
- Wednesday: Sunny, a high near 88° and a south wind 5-10 mph.
- Rest of the Week: Slight rain chances Thursday and Friday, then sunny this weekend and upper 80s.
- Lampasas Police Dept. had several animal complaints and a couple of accidents to work on Monday, but no arrests were made.
- There was one accident at Hwy 281 and E.E. Ohnmeiss Drive at 6pm, then another at 8:08pm in the 900 block of S. Key. There were no injuries involved in either accident.
- Lampasas Sheriff’s Dept. for Monday shows an animal complaint, a crash and a lost/found property report in Lometa. Kempner had a few reports of suspicious activity, a traffic hazard, an agency assist and a report of harassment. Copperas Cove had a reckless driver and a citizen complaint along with an animal complaint. Out in the county there were several medical calls, a theft, a few civil matters and a code enforcement call. The jail log shows 3 arrests as a 31 yr old Austin man was jailed on 2 out-of-county charges, and a 23 yr old Lampasas man was taken into custody on 5 charges of failing to pay fines. 31 yr old Obed Martinez of Stephenville was arrested for DWI w/ a child under 15 in the car and also an immigration/customs charge.
The Burn Ban in Lampasas County is lifted until October 17th at 7pm.