High yesterday was 76° The low this morning was 46 °
- Today: Sunny with a high near 80°, light winds
- Tonight: Mostly clear with a low of 56°
- Tuesday: Sunny with a high of 84°, south winds of 5-10 mph
- Rest of the Week:. Highs in the 80’s, lows in the 60’s with a slight chance of rain Thursday.
- Lampasas Police Dept. had several animal complaints to work this weekend, and a few motorist assists. There were no accidents reported, and the police dept. reported 6 arrests on Saturday:
- John Bryan West, 34, of Lampasas was taken into custody for manufacture/delivery of a controlled substance 4<200 PG1, and manufacture/delivery of controlled substance PG3/4 under 28 grams .
- At 12:29pm, a 17 yr old man from Lampasas was jailed for a Lampasas county warrant for motion to adjudicate – evading arrest/detention
- A 28 yr old Lampasas man was detained on a Lampasas county warrant for motion to adjudicate- possession of a controlled substance/PG1 under 1 gram
- At 7:05pm, a 44 yr old Lampasas resident was arrested for possession of a controlled substance PG1 under 1 gram
- A 21 yr old Lampasas man was arrested in the 500 block of N. Key for public intoxication and a municipal court warrant.
- At 10:26pm, a 45 yr old Lampasas man was taken into custody in the 600 block of S. Spring for a municipal court warrant.
- One arrest was reported by the police dept. on Sunday as a 22 yr old Lampasas resident was jailed for a municipal court warrant.
- Lampasas Sheriff’s Dept. blotter for Saturday shows a few citizen assists in Kempner, and a few reports of suspicious activity in Copperas Cove. Out in the county on Saturday, there was a noise complaint, a crash and a report of a fight in progress, as well as a few welfare checks. On Sunday, the Sheriff’s dept. had a few traffic stops in Kempner and Copperas Cove. There were also several shots fired calls in Kempner, and one in Lometa. Out in the county on Sunday there were a few citizen complaints and an agency assist.
- The jail log shows 3 arrests over the weekend. 33 yr old Jared Edmondson was taken into custody for failing to register as a sex offender. A37 yr old Lampasas man was jailed for failure to pay a fine. Iesha Millard, 25, of Killeen was arrested Sunday for Possession of a controlled substance PG 1 less than 1 gram, possession of a controlled substance, PG2, 1-4 grams, possession of drug paraphernalia, and possession of marijuana less than 2 ounces.
- Lampasas Fire Dept. responded yesterday to a small grass fire on CR 2200. They were able to extinguish the fire quickly.
- Lampasas Fire Dept. also responded to a structure fire on PR 4362, (Cedar Ridge Mobile Home Park) Sunday night. According to Ronnie Withers the fire started in the master bedroom, and the entire home has smoke, fire, and heat damage.
- The fire dept. was on the scene until 1:15am and will return today. At this time it is an ongoing investigation even though the fire is not suspicious in nature.
- Everyone, including pets made it out ok.
- The Red Cross was called in to assist the family.
The Burn Ban in Lampasas County is lifted until