High yesterday was 78° The low this morning was 55°
- Today: Partly Sunny with a high near 81°.
- Tonight: Mostly clear with a low of 60°
- Sunday: Sunny, with a high near 82°. Light winds.
- Next Week: Highs in the mid 80’s and lows in the 60’s.
- A chance of rain mid-week, with winds picking up out of the south on Tuesday, 5-15 mph.
- Lampasas Police had a few motorist assists and escorts on Friday, along with a number of animal complaints.
- There were 2 minor accidents reported, in the 1700 block of S. 281 at 5:31pm and in the 300 block of s. Key at 6:07pm.
- Lampasas Police reported one arrest as a 26 yr old Lampasas woman was taken into custody in the 600 block of W. 3rd St. at 7:31pm on a Lampasas county warrant for theft over $500 under $1500.
- The Sheriff's Dept. Blotter shows the Sheriff’s dept. had a busy Friday. There were a few medical calls, and a report of suspicious behavior in Lometa, a disturbance and a warrant service in Copperas Cove. Kempner had several civil matters, several reckless drivers and numerous traffic stops. Kempner also hadtwo reported trespassing calls, a few animal complaints and a crash. Out in the county, there were reports of theft, a few civil matters, an abandoned vehicle and a shots fired call, along with some disturbances and crashes.
- The jail log shows 4 arrests as Jimmy Wayne Risher, Jr., 46, of Copperas Cove was jailed for theft of a firearm, unlawful possession of a firearm by a felon, and 2 out-of-county charges.
- Natalia Turner, 37, of Colorado City, Texas was taken into custody for theft of property over $2500, 2 or more convictions, and 2 out-of-county charges. Dixon Dewald, 27, of Evant was arrested for assault of a family member/impairing breathing/circulation. A 29 yr old Copperas Cove woman was arrested for a parole violation and an out-of-county charge.